Clayton Public Power is always working hard!
To help our crews do their job safely, there are many different pieces of equipment that must be used. Here is a listing of just some of the tools of the trade.
- Line Truck - We use this truck to set and remove poles and set and remove transformers. We also use it when we are installing electric utilities.
- Large Bucket Truck - This will reach up to 57 feet! This is the main truck we use to work on energized power lines.
- Small Bucket Truck - This is the truck that we use to repair area lights, street lights, and hang banners. We also use it to assist the Large Bucket Truck when working on power lines.
- Underground Truck and Excavator - We use this equipment when we are installing underground utilities.
- Trencher - This is used when we are installing underground utilities.
- Pulling Rig - This is used for installing overhead and underground utilities.
- Tensioner Machine - This is used for installing overhead and underground utilities.