Councilmember Gretchen Williams
Term and Position:
- Councilmember since December 2023; term expires in 2027
- Evangelist Missionary – Abundant Life C.O.G.I.C.
- Johnston County Alumnae Chapter Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc. – Chaplain
- National Association University Women – Assistant Chaplain
- State Employees Association of North Carolina (SEANC)
- SEANC - Employees Political Action Committee (EMPAC) (State, Area L and District 42)
- Wake Med. Hospital – Chaplain
- Director- Family Wellness Outreach Center
- State Emergency Response Team – Recovery (SERT)
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Safety Coordinator
- Ordain Minister - New Covenant Faith Ministries
- South Atlantic Region Clergy – Delta Sigma Theta (DST), Inc.
- South Atlantic Region Leadership Fellow Team – Delta Sigma Theta (DST), Inc.
- North Carolina State University
M.Ed. Community Agency Counseling - (CACREP)
Honors: Phi Kappa Phi, NCSU
University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
B.S. Dental Hygiene - Specialty Practicum in Gerontology
North Carolina Central University
B.S. Biology and Minor in Chemistry
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) – State Office:
- Work First/Child Welfare/ (Multiple Response System) MRS Trainer
- Work First Conference Planner
- Certified Poverty Simulation Trainer
- Certified Results Oriented Management and Accountability (ROMA) – Trainer
- Conference Planner/Trainer (Office of Economic Opportunity)
- Liaison for DHHS Work First - Domestic Violence, Substance Abuse, Program Integrity, Vocation Rehab., Mental Health, Employment and Training, etc.
- Work First Compliance Monitor
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Family (TANF) State Audit
- Single County Audit
- Lead and monitor for: More at 4 Program, Job Boost, Subsidized employment, Employment Security, Department of Defense (DOD), etc.
- Employment and Training (E&T) Monitor State leadership
- Worked on planning team for Social Services Institute
- Safety Coordinator
- Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) - Management Evaluation (ME)
- Disaster FNS
- Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) – Farmers Market
- Leadership Team with Secretary Mandy Cohen
- Substance Abuse Counselor
- Mental Health Therapist
- Substitute Teacher – Test Proctor
- Wake County Human Services
- Human Services Senior Practitioner/ Social Worker III
- Foster Care/Adoption Social Worker
- Supervised Interns for Social Work Program - NC State
- Employment Counselor
- (Job Opportunity and Basic Skills) JOBS Social Worker
- Johnston County Department of Social Services
- Human Services Senior Practitioner/ Social Worker
- On Call Child Protective Service (CPS) Worker
- JOBS Program
- Emergency Assistance
- Income Maintenance Case Worke
Why did you run for office?
I have deep roots in the community, and have long been dedicated to serving it. Among my many commitments, I have been very active with several political organizations in Clayton and all over the county and State as well.
I have always been a mover and a shaker; from a young age, I was always at the forefront of any decisions that needed to be made. As my career progressed, I became a leading voice in the community and beyond, always working for the wellbeing of the public.