My neighbor’s dog won’t stop barking – What can I do?

If you don't feel comfortable talking directly to your neighbor – or he or she is ignoring your requests – feel free to ask the Town to intervene. Our animal control officer can contact your neighbor, make him or her aware of our barking dog ordinance and make suggestions on methods the dog owner can use to help correct the issue. If this does not help the situation, call 911. An officer can be dispatched to witness and document in the computer system when the events happen. Dog owners can be issued citations for nuisance violations. In addition, the police department can serve a nuisance abatement order in the event of repeated, verified issues which can lead to the dog being impounded.

Show All Answers

1. How do I report an animal control issue?
2. What if I just have a question about animal control?
3. Does the Town of Clayton have an animal shelter?
4. Can you chain or tie up dogs?
5. My dog is lost. What can I do?
6. How long will my pet or strays be held if found?
7. How many animals can I have in my home or yard?
8. My neighbor’s dog won’t stop barking – What can I do?
9. What is the Town of Clayton doing about stray/feral cats?
10. Does my pet need a rabies shot?
11. There's a wild animal in my yard, and it looks sick or injured. What should I do?
12. I live outside Clayton's town limits but still need help. Whom do I call?
13. Is there a dog park in Clayton?
14. Can Animal Control come speak at my school or event?
15. Are there any low-cost programs to get my pet spayed, neutered and/or vaccinated?
16. Does the Town of Clayton remove dead animals from private property?